Friday 11 June 2010

On Trend: Wooden Accessories, Bright Colors, and Jean Jackets

I was walking out of one of my favorite cafes that sells freshly squeezed drinks making you feel like the most organic and healthy you've ever felt, when I noticed another walking into the store. It's this downtown crew that I like to watch. Did that sound odd? Haha, but honestly, there are just places in every city where the people around have great sense of style, or even just an interesting one. This particular customer did. It was just well put together, bright, and worked so well in that moment in time as my lips were still moist from the freshly squeezed blend of veggies and fruits, in front of such a fresh place, in her bright outfit. And I thought to myself, how can I capture that in an outfit for myself in hijab?

This is what I came up with:
I'm all about coral, so a fresh face with a subtle coral lip like the christian dior lipstick I chose to use here is perfect, although Joe Fresh has a collection of great lipstick at a fraction of the cost! I'm all about canvas and being environmentally friendly, so this canvas bag by Marc Jacobs is a great way to do that and get your hands on Marc Jacobs for a lot less!

I'd like to bring your attention to the wooden accessories for a moment, which are THE choice for the summer season.  The following are a few favorites from the Saltalamacchia collection which are hot off Maria Cornejo's resort collection!
Another focus of the outfit is the jean jacket. I've recently established that although I'm not the best at saving money, I am extremely picky with my clothing. Let's just say I've been in search of the perfect jean jacket for a few months now! Now with this outfit I have a jean jacket and a pair of jeans. Pulling off the denim-on denim look is a task itself, however, the easiest way to do so is breaking it up with a bright tunic.

The scarf I'm using is a fine fringe scarf that many wear around their necks. The material however is so thin and the patterns are always so eye catching, so I thought, why not! This is a look I'll definitely work this summer!

<3HijabiFashionista

No comments:

Post a Comment