Monday 7 June 2010

Channeling a Beach Look


As much as I love the sun and hot weather that comes around this time of year, when I imagine wearing my hijabi wardrobe in the summer, I cringe. Even more so, when you're asked to spend a day at the beach with friends, or are going out for a summer barbeque. Earlier, that would have meant D-I-S-A-S-T-E-R, but today there are a lot of ways to channel that 'beach look' without bearing all that skin!

1) Opt for a brighter hijab with some candy coloured shades
2) A maxi dress and light cardigan will have you looking gorgeous, and the outfit? Total breeze.
3) Colourful harem trousers with some great gladiators and a light coloured tighter top will transform your look to a bohemian babe
4) A pair of jeans rolled up with some great flip flops and casual chiffon top won't make you feel overdone.
5) Footbed sandals, a beach bag, jeans and a cool drink will keep you frosted

Here are a few picks from ASOS (as it's available worldwide) to get you thinking:
Split Side Trousers, 28 pounds

The three above are nicely coloured tunics made with thin material that will make dressing for the beach a total breeze. Plus, the price points are CRAZY low! from 5 pounds to 15, they're basically being handed to you!



Maxi dresses! I wanted to post only a few, but with over 1,500 to choose from on the site, I couldn't help myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment