Friday 11 June 2010

How to Decorate Your Villa's Rooftop in Oman

It is an ABSOLUTE mystery to me how people fail to make use of the wonderful outdoor space they have with their villas. The rooftops are mainly used for drying laundry but I intend to make mine the perfect outdoor living space with these easy-to-execute ideas.
A tented garden pavillion complete with a low table, cushions, and lanterns is so magical (and cool in the summer heat) for entertaining friends. In a layout similiar to the image below...
...but way less urban (my style is a cross between Hollywood Regency, African safari, and traditional Omani with a bit of Ralph Lauren thrown-in)... I'll have a potted roof-top herb garden, and gorgeous lemon trees (so that I can improve my cooking). Cute gardening accessories in wicker backets, and baskets for bringing the herbs inside complete the garden layout. More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment