Wednesday 2 June 2010

Kim Kardashian is HijabiFashion'in



I'm not all about celebreties, frankly I could care less what who is up to, and i've been qouted on more than one occasion to say that "I don't care who's doing what, where, or how, as much as I care what they're wearing while they're doing it". And Kim Kardashian has a great sense of style, which can be used as fashion inspiration for hijabis.  The following outfit is one that sparked a plethora of ideas in my mind:


For this season:
1) Invest in a blazer. I've previously explained the cost:wear ratio, which will help you decide on any purchase you make. Believe me, I have many pieces in my closet that I adore, but have never worn, or only worn once or twice. As nice as they are hanging there, I'm not satisfied with purchases like that. To stay away from that, I've started keeping track of how much I'll spend on an outfit. If the price tag is hefty, I wonder how many times I'll wear it, and come up with a cost:wear ratio. If I'm comfortable with the result, it's a good buy. This is a perfect shopping tool to use when shopping for a blazer. The price tag for a quality blazer may not sit with you at first, but if you're comfortable in it, and you love it, the fashion possibilities are endless, and you're sure to be satisfied with your purchase. 
2) Get a pair of gladiator sandals you LOVE! They come in all different styles now, they're EVERYWHERE, and you can get a great pair for close to nothing! With so many options, you can really express yourself with a pair this season!
3) A printed blouse. Floral print is really popular this season, but so are splashes of colour and draping. My favorite draping was down the runways in  Diane Von Furstenburg's SS2010 collection. This trend can easily be added to your wardrobe in a versatile, fun or elegant blouse. Go for a light material like chiffon, wear it alone, under a cardigan or blazer. Purchase one with splashes of different colours so you have multiple hijab options, which will definitely increase the times you'll wear it, and totally transform the look every time you change something up!

A long necklace is sure to add some charm to the outfit, and a little sparkle peeping under a hijab is a detail many will notice. 

Keep on the lookout for a post on wooden accessories. The bangle above is from Aldo accessories, but they're found all over now, and are great for this season's tribal and bohemian references found all over the runways!

No comments:

Post a Comment