Monday 7 June 2010

ASOS Magazine Excerpts

I'm always scanning magazines, whether they're sent straight to my mailbox outside my house or the plethora available online, it's what I've been doing since I was 12. More recently, after I started wearing the Hijab, I had my eyes peeled for things that were more hijabi friendly. Of course, I've gotten pretty good at styling hijabi friendly outfits from individual pieces, but now and then I come across outfits and tips that are directly applicable to Hijabis.

Here are a few excerpts just like this from the online magazine at one of my favorite online shops, ASOS. Perhaps it may serve as inspiration to you!

I can't say that I've ever seen a magazine incorporate the church, but the "Christening Chic" definitely got a chuckle out of me. Almost ironic as this is a hijabifashionista blog, but at least I don't usually try to be secular! Regardless, the maxi paired with a suede jacket is something we haven't seen before, so saddle up!


Opt for a more interesting tunic this summer season. Sequins are my pick, but something bright and interesting (as pictured above) caught my eye for the season!


The layers of light, summer scarves held by a leather belt with attached saddlebag is an interesting and do-able look for the season.



Keep an eye out for coloured and patterned cardigans this season. If you're like me and wear cardigans majority of the time, switching up your cardigan collection is a great way to transition from season to season.




The tribal aesthetic is something I'm attracted to. Take cue and layer some necklaces, keep an eye out for feathered accessories and coloured bangles.




The simple and clean makeup on Mishcha Barton was something I wanted to point out for hijabis this season. If you're a lip-colour/eye liner wearing hijabi, this is a great look for the summer.














<3 HijabiFashionista

No comments:

Post a Comment