Saturday 5 June 2010

On the radar- Pure by Alfred Sung

On my other blog, I wrote about Joe Mimran, designer of Joe Fresh and creative developer of brands like  Alfred Sung and Club Monaco. His work is genius and as a student and bargain shopper, it's  no surprise I'm a fan of labels like these! This post is dedicated to the Alfred Sung collection "Pure" available at Zellers stores. I had never found myself at a Zellers before Pure came around. Now I'm there every other week! The pieces are amazing, and I honestly feel as if Sung and his team had hijabis in mind when Pure was created. 




Watch the press preview of the PURE collection with exclusive commentary by Alfred Sung:



Here are a few pieces:



I always find myself throwing on a tee, some jeans, a cardigan and a hijab for a simple and easy outfit that looks put together (well, as long as my hijab is ironed haha). You can easily style this outfit with a bright or even classic bag, or a few wooden accessories. However the tee really makes the outfit. Now i'm not talking about licensed tees, but rather a classic, clean tee like these by Alfred Sung. And look at that price!!




Better than a cropped jacket, which are usually adorable and can be oh so chic, is this gorgeous safari jacket at a great length that's not only hijabi friendly, but also flattering for many body types!












I'm not sure when girls are NOT in search of the perfect bag! Even when you have one you're content with, you're on the lookout for the next! So here's a great one for summer classes, or just a light bag to carry all your necessities this season!









These jeans would look great with tops of all lengths, and there are a variety of styles to choose from to fit your comfort zone.





I wanted a pair of light khakis this season, so I purchased the trousers here on the far left. I absolutely love them! A great purchase. The store I go to didn't seem to have the black ones on the right, but once I see them, I'm definitely pouncing!

Check out the long top in the middle. Made for hijabis I tell ya!






For this summer, I'm telling you - invest in something jean!!! Jean jackets are back and they're HUGE. That aside though, there's an even more casual jean top around, that's a jean button up. They're very casual and are, in my eyes, summer's replacement of the plaid button up that was thrown on (in my case at least) all throughout this past fall and winter! Well, I've always wondered if I could design a jean top with the same casual effect made a little more feminine and put together. Because, I'm not a big fan of layering over the summer, and a button up worn loosely over a long tank, with a hijab, just doesn't cut it for summer's hot weather. Well, I was pleasantly surprised when I learned that Pure had it done for me. I can't locate a picture of the top online, but I'd definitely check it out if I were you!

And what a steal!
<3 HijabiFashionista

BTW- if you're looking for a new perfume, my sister purchased "Jewel" by Alfred Sung which smells heavenly! I love it! I'm sure I sound like I'm obsessed with the label, and well, I won't deny it!

No comments:

Post a Comment