Wednesday 2 June 2010

On the Radar -- Maysaa

I'm constantly on style.com  reading up on the stylefile blog, watching new videos (I've loved Jeanne Beker since I was 12), and flipping through collection after another while taking notes (I know, I take notes). Ideas constantly come to me for styling clothing for women in hijab, and as readers you know I use pieces for the outfits from EVERYWHERE which then serve as inspiration to you who then go out and purchase pieces that YOU like. There's this funnel type of inspiration, which I know from experience works well, however it's always been a challenge to find a direct link between myself and you lovely ladies, my readers that omits this funnel occurrence and gets you exactly what I'm talking about. This was all solved two weeks ago when I came across MAYSAA, a line impressively designed for women in hijab.

The website reads:
"The eagerly anticipated launch of MAYSAA was the vision of designer Hana Tajima - Simpson and her business partner. In the two years it took to bring the label to life, MAYSAA uncovered some of the best emerging talent in the UK. This groundbreaking online label brings you high fashion at high-street prices, and with an amazing public response MAYSAA is set to become the most in demand label of its kind". 


The launch includes "the essentials, the bones of a wardrobe", as designer Hana Tajima- Simpson stated in a recent interview. These essentials include gorgeously crafted jersey pieces (as someone who sews I know how hard it is to work with jersey), long floor length and full sleeved maxi dresses (is there anything harder to find?) and well tailored wide leg pants (I know some of you readers are on the search for a good pair). If you do purchase any of these items, be sure to let me know how you style them, and if you'd like any help as they're so versatile they have me buzzing with ideas!


Although MAYSAA is growing, the line already has me swooning for pieces.My favorite so far? The Jersey Insert Hoodie


Extremely well done!
Check out more @ the MAYSAA website.

Designer Hana Tajima - Simpson on Al Jazeera:

No comments:

Post a Comment