Tuesday 22 July 2008

Taking Inspiration from a fashion photo!



Magazines. 'nuff said.
ALL we see in magazines and in bilboards on our ways to work or school, or to the mall - are fashion photos - women in clothing that we would never wear. Or would we?

If you look at the outfit above, you may be thinking - how did she get THAT from THAT? ORR you may be thinking 'I can see a connection.. but I'm not sure what it is.. .' . Let me clarify,sister.

When you see a photo you like, there are a lot of things you could take from it and incorporate it into an everyday wearable outfit - this goes for what you see on the runway as well.

--> The color scheme in the clothing. Black and silver. BEAAAAUTIFUL! I saw this and immediatly said I was going to make those the colors of the outfit. If you don't want to have a whole outfit with those colors, make it so that one piece at least incorporates it. Like an accessory - a bag, hijab, headband, clutch...

--> The pattern in the outfit. you may like a certain pattern - like the one in the huge bow the model is sporting. I took that and put it into a clutch - I could have went for a top with a huge bow on it, but I chose not to follow the outfit to the letter and used the pattern instead.

--> Even the makeup. Not necessarily in this photo (although if you're into it.. by all means..!) but in another ad where you can't think of anything else you can take from it- just go for the makeup, it is often enough.

--> The style of the ad. I see an elegance. A bold elegance. So i went for a long, chic trench (soo hijabifriendly) and very shimmery (but not too much) touches, like the dress you wear over gray pants, or the heels. To me, long gloves just SCREAM elegance so go for it!

GET THIS LOOK:

trench: topshop.com
hijab: hayahijab.com

p.s. I usually just put the sites of the main pieces from the outfits I make- like the ones you might not be able to find anywhere else, but if you want to know other pieces, just comment ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment