Wednesday 23 July 2008

For Noots and her Rainboots

Rainboots! Looking great even if you're trudging in the mud! Hehe. to tell you the truth, If I owned a pair I really liked, I would wear them more often than when it rains! :D



So the brown ones on the left are a lot more subtle and workable than the ones on the right. For those ones, you could definatly wear jeans and look great too. For a top, you can basically wear any top in any color (but don't push it), but to be safe, I chose a brown blazer ( I own one I really like) and a long sleeve underneath. Did you notice how I used the dominant color of the boot for the hijab - that one piece, and the color used less (the chocolate brown) on both the tops? This way, it all balances out! viola!



For the outfit on the right, I did almost the opposite. I took the dominant color of this crazy patterned boot and ran with it. I used it in both the cardigan and hijab -- sisters, that's a lot of pink! If you're using so much of one color, make sure you keep it solid so that you're not blinding everyone around you. I took that blue from the boot and put it in bracelets. Now, the boots are very child like (that's the style in 'em) but, that doesn't mean you're supposed to look like a child. You have to make it look little more sophisticated with nice, clean solid colors. I put white pants with these boots, and a white top under the pink cardigan. Now, notice the cardigan is cropped. This is so that the colors are split up and you don't look like a pink blob walking down the street. Instead, you look like a chic hijabi who can make those crazy rainboots look mature and sophisticated. Now, who else can say that?



The outfit together looks great, so don't shy away from those funky rainboots, they're an easy way to turn up the fun on that suit so you can look chic while shopping with your friends, or maybe you were at an office meeting all day, just switch from those pumps into those comfy rainboots and shake off the glamour - you're having fun tonight!
<3>

No comments:

Post a Comment