Wednesday 23 July 2008

I LOVE CAFTANS!


caftans, caftans! I love caftans! I entered this outfit (and the discription below) to a contest on creating a tropical outfit:


This is my interpretation of an outfit that not only I, but any hijabi would wear on a tropical vacation. The beauty in my surroundings - the ocean, the clouds, the blue blue sky, the mountain range - are all reflected in the outfit. Nothing is better for a breezy, warm day or night than a caftan - it screams fashionable and beautiful. The billowy, flowy-ness of a caftan makes it wearable for a woman of any shape/size. A pair of gladiator sandals, even dating back decades in fashion (my mother ... too wore them back in the day) are still beautif ul today, and I thought they would be a great addition to this outfit. For a tropical vacation - or just for the summer, wear a hijab wrapped in a fun style. With this outfit - inspired by the beauty of my surroundings, I can stand on my hotel balcony and look out at the ocean and it's waves, I can look out at the rolling clouds, and the gorgeous hills and mountains in the distance, I can look at all this beauty... and feel like I'm a part of it. Subahannallah I would say. Subhannallah.


Get this look:

gladiator sandal: kurtgeiger.com

hijab: modestworld.com

No comments:

Post a Comment