Thursday 10 July 2008

Sincerly, Vintage.

Okay, I am loving this outfit. WHy? Because I've adopted the vintage/indie look as my own style - but then again, you know me, my style depends on what I want to say that day.

I went with a really vintage looking skirt - brown and that mustardy color (which I used to hate, but now love! Doesn't this outfit make you like that color again?) Browns, grays, blacks, taupy whites, and beiges are all a part of the vintage color spectrum - in my opinion- but it's MORE than that! You know what it's about? It's about texture, it's about style. Like, You can pull off a vintage look with, say, a lime green bag if it's got the right style. Or maybe it's made out of a tweed or something rough and different like that.

Plus, what says vintage more than gloves? Actually, there is one thing, a RING on the gloves. BAYAAM! woooah it could be like in the lord of the rings, where he puts on the ring and goes into.. scary land..? But this one, well, it takes your style back in time!


Now we're looking at that skirt and saying, ASMA!!? That's skirt is too SHORT!? But sisters, here's a tip. I love legwarmers, and while i was looking at pieces for this outfit i was like, "EUREKA!" and it just came to me! For one thing, it's hard to find tall boots - except for in a high fashion store (and then it's pricey.. and waiting for the sale may take too long), and finding high boots that aren't clingy is even harder (unless you find an indie style store, it's easy ;) ) Soooo whatcha doooo, is you buy legwarmers (and don't wear them all pulled up sisters, then they are going to be clingy.. wear them bunched up! With flats! Cute! Chic! Vintage!) They're loose and they will go up to your skirt.. and if they're too short - wear two on one leg! Yesss! The hijabifashionista strikes again!

Success! What do you think?

<3 HijabiFashionista

No comments:

Post a Comment