Sunday 15 August 2010

Ramadan Day 4


RAMADAAN DAY 4: diary to be used for my own benefit, documenting what I am abstaining from and how it benefits me [and in some cases] others.

RAMADAN DAY 4 DON'T: Judge others. Or be impatient with them.

The Prophet Mohamed sallalahu alahi wa salaam said: “No one with the slightest particle of arrogance in his heart will enter paradise.” He also said: “Should you become eager to mention another's faults, recall your own. “ (Ar-Rafi). A Muslim is supposed to give another Muslim a million excuses. Such as, when I saw those two Omani guys in the Persian restaraunt chowing down--and they saw me---and tried to hide---I NATURALLY assumed right, that they had a medical condition, and just didn't want to make hungry a fasting me right?

I TOTALLY WISH! But I AM trying.

Almighty Allah alone is the only One Who knows best who the true believers are, as He says: (Allah knoweth best (concerning) your faith) (An-Nisaa’ 4:25). Moreover, Allah knows best who the pious among the believers are, as He says: (Therefore ascribe not purity unto yourselves. He is Best Aware of him who wardeth off (evil)) (An-Najm 53:32).

Ramadan day four DO: Since I am busy recalling my faults and giving excuses for others perceived faults, I should be asking for forgiveness for my faults and trying to correct them. Wow, if I could do this more than one day a year, I'd be an incredible person, fully aware that even my good deeds are nothing without the mercy of Allah;)

Ramadan Day Four Dua: ALLAH, on this day, strengthen me in carrying out Your commands, let me taste the sweetness of Your remembrance, grant me, through Your graciousness, that I give thanks to You. Protect me, with Your protection and cover, O the most discerning of those who see.
Qu'ran: Surah Al Maidah http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgpJZCWEU1o

No comments:

Post a Comment