Friday 13 August 2010

Ramadan Day 3


RAMADAAN DAY 3: diary to be used for my own benefit, documenting what I am abstaining from and how it benefits me [and in some cases] others.

RAMADAN DAY 3 DON'T: Show off. Either by trying to beat my neighbor at making better Samboosas and serving more or coming up with nicer Eid outfits, ect... Or the one that pretends to be more pious than he/she is (their piety is for show and to gain the admiration of men not God).

Ahmad reported the following Marfu' Hadith from Abu Sa'id (Al-Khudri (May Allah be pleased with him)) that the Prophet (May the peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) said: "Shall I not tell you what I fear for you more than the false Messiah?" The Companions (May Allah be pleased with him) said, "Indeed, O Messenger of Allah," He said, "Inconspicuous Shirk [Almost-Unnoticable Disbelief in Allah], as when a person improves his rendering of the Salat [prayer] when he knows that others are watching."

And for the Muslim women (like me!!!! My sweet beloved sister from the blog listed on my sidebar: "Sweet Salalah" ;who hates my makeup hehehe but loves me will like this next part;):

The Prophet (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said to the woman converting to Islam:“I give my acknowledgment that you must not set partners to worship besides Allaah, that you do not steal, commit fornication or adultery, that you do not kill your children, that you do not commit any falsehood before your hands and between your legs, that you do not wail [over the dead] and that you do not make tabarruj [showing off of beauty] like that of jahiliyyah (pre-Islamic era).” (Reported by Ahmad ibn Hanbal in his Musnad, Shaykh Ahmad Shakir graded the chain of the hadeeth as “good” and stated that Imaam ibn Kathir mentioned this hadeeth in his tafsir saying that the chain of this narration is “good”).

So do not be tempted to wear tighter clothes, or crazy make-ups, or to push the hijab back to show the hair with a huge hair clip, all in order to gain notoriety "fashion" of appearence. Which is big here in the Gulf, and I admit, sometimes I am tempted. I abstain, but I think about it. My goal is to not even think about it anymore. I want to show off my looks to other women more than strange men (hehehe, makes it easier for me) but to want to be validated by ones' sexual beauty to men, or lauded by women for it or one's fashion sense, ect, really should not be a point. Showing off in all forms is bad for the Muslims, whether in prayer, or dress, or hosting skills. Just to remind myself, these warnings from the Prophet Mohamed sallalahu alahi wa salaam, especially about dress (yes, thank you KH, Y, and Ah, for either wrecking on purpose or throwing out my giant hair clips hehehe). The L will be mad. She paid for those hair clips. I'll tell her you love her as if you are her big "haraam police" brother and maybe she will forgive you;p

The Messenger (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said:“There shall be (in the later) part of my nation women who are dressed but are in fact naked [i.e their jilbabs/hijabs (clothing and abayas) will be so tight that their whole body shape is known]. On their heads are humps like those of camels [http://howtolivelikeanomaniprincess.blogspot.com/2010/08/wth-do-they-have-under-there-lump-under.html]. Curse them for they are surely cursed.” (Reported by at-Tabaaranee, Shaykh al-Albaanee graded this hadeeth “Saheeh”) . The Messenger (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) also said:“Of the people of Hell there are two types whom I have never seen [but will there dwell]: The one possessing whips like the tail of an ox and they flog people with them [the corrupt Mutawaa/religious police who uses Islam for prestige rather than love of Allah]. The second one the women who would be naked in spite of their being dressed, who are seduced to wrong paths and seduce others with their hair high like humps. These women would not get into Paradise and they would not perceive its odour, although its fragrance can be perceived from such and such distance.” (Reported by Muslim).

Ramadan day Three DO: Do use the time wasted by pleasing others to do what pleases Allah. Charity? studying and sharing Islamic knowledge? Looking after my parents or making gifts for my fellow brothers and sisters? Tending the sick, playing with the orphans and providing for them? Yeah. Alot of better things to be doing than competing for best samboosa maker, or prettiest Eid dress, or nicest shayla-wrapper, or funkiest bangs chick, or most pious Muslimah on the block who is more worried about being an example to others than pleasing Allah. Whose sake are her good deeds in? hmmmm...... Muslims are to worship Allah, that only He can grant them any good, so they should not be looking for that from the creation, when it comes from the Creator.

Ramadan Day Three Dua: Allah, on this day, grant wisdom and awareness, keep me away from foolishness and pretension, grant me a share in every blessing You send down, by Your generousity, O the Most Generous!

Qu'ran: Surah An Nisa http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_1qmOR0yyg&p=01B0C7C62D086FC0&playnext=1&index=11

No comments:

Post a Comment