Sunday 20 April 2008

Mecca Stars







I love this picture!So glamorous!


hehe they're wearing chanel!




I saw a woman eating at a restaurant under her niqaab in Oman. It made me laugh at the idea then, but she was really graceful while doing it - not like you'd imagine, one hand lifting, the other hand putting food in her face before the niqaab falls back down and gets all dirty-- nope, not like that at all. Masha allah. Except mcdonalds.. yuuck



These abayas are form fitting, but I still like them. I'm not telling you to wear form fitting abayas though, these pictures are just ideas of what's out there, you take what you want from them. As I said before, dark shades and hijab are immidiate glam-ups.






Ohoh, who were the designers for this cage thing? I dunno, but I really like it. Do you think, though, that this "caged look" covering this muslim woman's face symbolises something? I dunno, maybe it's just me?















Look at that POP of COLOR in her outfit! Gorgeous!













I don't know about you, but I really like this issue of marie claire- and this particular photo shoot. It's in one of the earlier december issues - I can't remember which year exactly but I'm guessing like 2005/6 or something. Many people would agree with me that this isn't quite appropriate for everyday wear, but these abayas could be used for special occasions. I really like how they're dressing up the hijab for the shoot-- as in the ideas are nice and not ones you'd see everyday. The fact that they're showing non muslim women reading the magazine that we're fashionable on the other side of the globe as well, and that we women are liberated and dress the way we like to, really makes me appreciate the magazine that much more.




















Tell me what you think! There are so many debates on the net about this issue - I want to hear your opinions right here on this blog. Just click comment! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment