Thursday 10 April 2008

27 Dresses >>> #5


Chic, confident, and gooorrrgeous!

I love this outfit.


I'm always looking for unusual buys, whether I'm at the mall, a garage sale or flea market (which are not second hand stores for those of you in the U.K., they're gorgeous crafted items that are sold at particular times of the year). I look for things out of the usual- scarves with multiple colors, rings, necklaces, bags, wallets, change purses.. whatever I find. And when I buy these, I don't think- well, nothing in my closet goes with it and put it back. INSTEAD i say, hey! I've never worn anything like this! and I pick it up! You don't have to look the same everyday, and for heaven's sake, it's fashion! You dress for your mood and you let everything in the world inspire your outfits!


Want me to tell you the truth about this outfit? When I made this, the dress didn't inspire the rest of it-- the hijab did!

Hijabifashionista tip;

When planning an outfit, don't just plan it around the top you're wearing, look for other parts of the outfit and plan around that. You might just want to wear a certain hijab that day with loads of patterns - then use the colors in the hijab to inspire the rest of your outfit. Maybe you have a pure gold necklace with no added colors or charms, wear something chic and sophisticated. In summary, look at ALL the pieces of your wardrobe to plan an outfit, not just the one you regularly use.

No comments:

Post a Comment