Saturday 5 April 2008

27 Dresses >>>> #2


This picture might get a little confusing, because there are a lot of options. However, this isn't a bad thing. In fact, it's a great one. Allow me to explain. If someone who wasn't a hijabi bought this dress from forever21, then they could just throw it on with some pumps and bag, maybe some accessories at most, then they would have their outfit. As a hijabi however, you're wearing more cloth, so this means more color, and more pieces! This brings me to Dress Awareness Idea #3:
When wearing a dress, know your options.
///
I thought that this outfit I put together was perfect to help me explain this idea!
* As you can see, this dress has a belt which is pretty much the main focus of the dress itself, so you wouldn't want to cover it up with a blazer. So you'd want to pair it with a long sleeve top that compliments the dress. (Dress Awareness Idea - Pair that dress with a long sleeve top!) As you can see, the dress is made up of blue, white, and black. To make the black from the dress POP, wear a black longsleeve under it and a black hijab!. To make the blue in the dress POP, wear a blue longsleeve under it with a blue hijab! It's really THAT easy! And it really looks THAT great!
* This next idea goes for non-hijabis as well.
Pants really CAN make or break an outfit.
For instance, the other day, I went shopping with some friends with a leather jacket and wide legs. Now that I go over the photos, I think the jacket would have looked better with skinny jeans instead - for most of the attention went to the wide legs instead of the jacket which is what I was focusing on :(
Sooo, that's a mistake I'll never make again. And hopefully, if you haven't yet made, you won't either. This is why I added the two pairs of pants at the bottom. The blue skinny jeans really make the outfit more casual whereas the white trousers from mangoshop.com make the outfit more formal. However, if you don't like the white trousers, or don't want it to be that formal, but less casual than the skinny jeans make it, wear the skinny jeans (because they're dark wash) and pair them with some formal accessories.
Hope you learned something with this idea - filled post! I love reading your comments, so comment away!

No comments:

Post a Comment