Saturday 28 June 2008

Safari Style: Hip Hip Hippo

I was looking over comments that I missed on older posts and one sister had asked me to make an outfit inspired by a hippo seeing as I had already done safari inspired outfits inspired by giraffes, and peacocks.. So here is the outfit inspired by a hippo!




After making this outfit, I realized that even after the hundred and sum outfits I've put together I hadn't used this color combo before - So now i'm all excited to present to you this gray and pink combo! I remember how much some of you sisters liked the purple and yellow and blue and orange combos I presented (just some colors I learned to use in art classes), and so I hope you like this pink and gray equally as much!
Because the 'hippo' was the inspiration for this outfit, and me not being a big fan of the hippo, I thought about what characteristics I could use... usually I go with how confident or fierce the animal is, but no. For the hippo - i went all physical!
Hippos are really.. well, big! So I decided that for the top, I would go with a bubble dress (one of my favorite kinds!) and because they are so round, I went with a round toed flat.
Bubble dress + wide leg jeans + round toed flats + gorgeous hijab = this gorgeous hippo inspired outfit!
Yay for safari inspired style (hothothot this season) and HIP HIP HOORAY FOR HIPPOS!
<3>

No comments:

Post a Comment