Wednesday 25 June 2008

POP art in your outfit!


Like I've always said, your style, and your fashion is created by you- inspired by anything around you. This outfit, was inspired by Pop art, something I studied in an art class. Thus, I decided I would use neutral colors in an outfit, and use a piece in a bright color that just POPS and makes the outfit more interesting!

The outfit above is one I created first to look like an alternate hijabi, but then the pop art idea just popped in my head (pun intended) and I decided to make it cooler with a bright belt and even a ring. The look is casual (make note that the cropped jacket is to be left open).

You can imitate this look completly, or you can imitate the idea - because that's what I like to do, provide inspiration for you! I can walk down the street and imagine an outfit by looking at a building, where as some can't, so with this blog, I can convey my ideas to you - inspiring you, like the building did me. ANyway, You can imitate the idea by having one color (diff shades included) and then have a bright color in a piece of clothing you want to bring attention to. For example, wear a black tunic with wide legs (sound fashionable, but a little boring right?) and add a bright blue pashmina around your neck (a black hijab on your head) and your outfit will look super chic! Even bright shoes, or a necklace or w.e will do!


GET THIS LOOK:

TOP: bonprix.pl
CROPPED JACKET: frockonline.com


Let your imagination go, and POP!

No comments:

Post a Comment