Thursday 26 June 2008

For the sister going skating!

So a sister once left a comment on one of my earlier posts wondering what to wear when going skating. Not and oversized sweater and tights, that's for sure! Anyway, here is an outfit I whipped up. And I'm guessing it's indoor seeing as it's summer, am I right? So you don't have to be all bundled up - but you do want to bring out that hijabifashionista inside of you by dressing to make yourself feel good, and not have to worry about how you look - so you can just, well.. skate!

You don't want to wear a coat, because it won't be winter cold so I'd just wear a jacket with some wide leg pants. INTRODUCING... For those of you who haven't seen them yet.. THE WIDE LEG YOGA PANTS!! perfect for skating because you don't want to be restricted in movement like you would in jeans or khakies. Now, like I said, a heavy coat isn't ideal but if you do want to create the long coat effect, wear a mini skirt that matches closest with your jacket and it will create the illusion that you're wearing a long coat, but you'll be comfortable. Not sure? Think about it this way; you can only get good compliments:
"that's a cute coat" For those who are fooled by the skirt jacket combo.
"a skirt and a jacket? creative!" From those who have figured you out - they'll appreciate your creativity.

I added a picture from an episode of Gossip Girl (love it, cannot wait till next season), where Blair is skating, just in case I wasn't clear enough in my explaination. Hahaha - sometimes I ramble. hehe

.. Hope I helped!

<3 Hijabi Fashionista, your sister on skates

No comments:

Post a Comment