Thursday 26 June 2008

Making non-hijabi friendly but fashionable looks, Hijab Friendly

I like this look. Preppy, but cool. BUT, by the way her shirt is open, and her pose, this outfit is not hijab friendly (not to mention the mini skirt that's probably under there). I'm here to hijabify this outfit - because when I saw it, I bet myself that I could make a really chic hijabi outfit from it, and I think I succeeded!

I took the black and white combo and instead of an open blouse (that particular style blouse is not flattering to everyone), I chose a tunic. The tunic really contributes to the style we're going for - you can see I didn't choose just any black and white tunic.
see, fashion can be tricky sometimes. For example, the tunic works with the style of the blouse, as does the tie. But the tie doesn't go with the tunic... hmm food for thought. So instead of the tie (which wouldn't go with the style of the tunic) I chose a black thin scarf (don't just use any other black hijab -- to big) to create the same effect, but cooperate with the tunic.
GET THIS LOOK:
tunic: wetseal.com
hijab: simplyislam.com
Cute ballet flats and a hijab with black and white patterns are perfect, and I am LOVING this outfit! What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment