Monday 23 June 2008

A Hijabifashionista's spin on Business


A business suit? Puh-leez! Unless it's made by Zara, I say, Let's put together our own outfits that will work just as well in the board room.
This look will keep you looking professional, without sacrificing your flair for fashion!

Black and white are my fav colors for fashion when I'm feeling like not trying too hard... but let's put in a little more effort and stray away from the drab black and white suit. Brown and beige are equally professional, and look even better ;)

I'm sticking with the mid-calve look with skirts because they are so chic! A tall boot and maybe some legging underneath will keep you covered and worry free!

NOTE: want to know what's in this season? fading colors! Just this weekend I was at Aldo and saw two pairs of pumps fading into eachother- yellow fading into white, and then pink fading into white. THey were FABULOUS! But, seeing as I'm on a student budget, I'll wait for the price to come down a little but don't worry girls, I didn't leave empty handed, i just walked over to Payless and bought some CHIC faux crocodile beige pumps with a wooden heel! I love them! They love me! We were made for eachother! ANYWAY, this faded top will keep you up there with fashionistas - maybe even leading the pack!

Hijabifashionista tip:
Just because fading is in, doesn't mean you can go digging up your old tie dye tops and calling them "vintage" sisters.. don't get me started!

The next time your boss says to 'suit up', let them know that fashion is definatly SUITable! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment