Saturday 28 June 2008

HijabiFashionista at a party or at home!

Caftans, caftans, oh the beauty of a caftan. My all time favorite piece of clothing. I can't find anything more flattering, and with all the styles they come in and decorations - I can't find anything more beautiful. This one is definatly one of my favorites-- too bad I can't afford this exact one just yet - it's by Oscar de la Renta, one of the most renouned fashion houses, and definatly one of my favorite designers! Allegra Hicks is also known as "queen of the caftan".. so if you're interested in looking at her designs just google it up!

The caftan I put in the outfit above is soo beautiful, and it's no doubt that even the idea of a caftan is arabian inspired!

For a party you can't dress this caftan up that much more - it's so beautiful already! But you can add to the look with maybe a gladiator sandal that you'll find everywhere nowadays, and some cuffs and bangles. Oh so gorgeous!

You can also just wear the caftan in bear feet just to host some guests in your home and you'll still look stunning! A caftan is also party appropriate! ANNNNND.. it's hijabi friendly, with many styles with long sleeves, and their flowy fabrics, What's not to love about a caftan?

Last time I was in Oman I saw the most beautiful caftans in like, all styles! Over there, there are so many stores devoted only to the arabian caftans. And in the Dubai airport, there were stores there! IN THE AIRPORT! Here in Winnipeg, I'll be lucky to find a few in a store! I'm glad more and more people are wearing them, and more and more designers are designing them, this way, maybe I'll be able to find more in my hometown.

No comments:

Post a Comment