Monday 12 May 2008

Campus Chic


Looking great is really this easy. Buy a few skirts - and they don't all have to be long! My favorites are the ones that are around mid-calve, or ankle. Then, I just wear a baggy boot like the one above with it - voila! no skin, no clingyness - totally hijabi friendly! I would wear the cardigan above open with a darker solid color underneath it. Then, of course, a hijab to match.
THis outfit, is a lot like the set up of others I've made, but besides me promoting midcalve length skirts, I want to bring your attention to silk scarves! If you don't want to wear them on your head because they are slippery, wear them around your neck, in large loops for a vintage chic sorta day, or in a sophisticated knot.. whatever you want. That's why I love scarves, you can go crazy! And believe me, it looks so chic when a hijabi wears her hijab and then a scarf tied around her neck!
This outfit is a more chic boho look - a nice bag, big sunglasses, gorgeous cheap rings, and bangles are all great accessories! Try it out - you'll love it!
Of course I had to add the starbucks and our phones - things we can't seem to live without.
RUDE AWAKENING: don't buy drinks from starbucks!! All earnings go to support the isreali army on saturdays and a portion every other day!! I just put up the pic cuz i needed to fill space.. no complaints on that please- not TRYING to be controvercial!

Buy this look:
Skirt: Brownsfashion.com
Boots: Forever21.com

No comments:

Post a Comment