Tuesday 5 August 2008

Pack Rat


SOoo seeing as it's august, and some of us are squeezing summer dry with that last vacation (and of course others just wish they could), I thought I'd show you a bit of hijabifashionista packing, and a few tips. p.s. this is based on a 5 day trip

So when I go anywhere - no matter how long, I try to be pretty organized with my packing. Take camp for instance, I always open all my drawers and look through my closet and I write down lists of outfits I would want to take with me.

So what to pack?
Tunics for sure.. weather is just getting warmer, and those light, gorgeous materials are just perrrfect! Maybe a caftan! Don't forget those gorgeous tanks!


Also, white trousers if you own them, and a pair of jeans and another default pair.

If you're the kind of hijabi who needs a million hijabs - one for each outfit, then take a whole bunch - they don't take a lot of room anyway! But if you have a small case, then look at your tunics - can you wear a white one with multiple? A black one? Then take those two. Make sure you have one in a bright color so your hijabs aren't too simple everyday of the vacation! You want to wow yourself years later when you look back at those pictures, don't you?

Of course, long sleeved tops - but you don't need many, maybe one and a sleeves, or two and sleeves. Sleeves are great because they're easy to put on, and they're great for the summer weather - you don't want to wear 2 tops everyday!

pajamas and lounge wear - if that's a caftan - so be it, if it's a hoodie - take only one, and take only one pair of pajamas - you don't need a diff one for every night!

Last but not least - accessories like bangles, belts, watches, a bag, your wallet, your makeup bag, SUNGLASSES (make 'em BIG) and whatever else you might need!


Hijabifashionista packing tips:
-Make sure when you're creating outfits, use one piece in more than one outfit! That ='s more outfits, more room in your case!
-I ALWAYS add extra accessories because they can undoubtably change any outfit.

I love packing, if you never did - i think now you might!

<3>

No comments:

Post a Comment