Friday 8 August 2008

Adding a few touches to hijabi fy that outfit!

A lot of the time - even when I'm watching television, I see a woman wearing an outfit and I think... all she needs is a hijab and a long sleeve top and she would be a stunning hijabifashionista! A friend of mine told me that at the masjid in her city, they would add a hijab or an accessory to a sister who walked into the doors to make their outfit more fashionable (like, how cool is that yarr??).

Thus, I thought I would do the same with these street style images I found. Let's dissect my work!

Printed dress on left outfit:
-->I didn't want to just continue the dominant color of green in the longsleeve top, so I noticed
the brown belt she was wearing (very good choice on her part) and put the long sleeve top in that color. I did the same for the hijab.

--> I'm in LOVE with ankle boots so I put those in, but you could go with any sandal that coordinates with the style.. a gladiator sandal is just soo nice this season.

--> I was getting a laid back, boho, easy - breezy vibe from her, so I decided a couple of bangles would really make the outfit and colors stand out more. Plus, with these two little touches, it seems like you spent more time on your outfit rather than just throwing over a dress and long sleeve.


For the calve length skirt on the right:
--> boots to cover up that skin!

--> long sleeve top underneath to cover up in case you take off the blazer at work or where ever, or just to cover those inches of skin in the arms

--> I love it when hijabis wear a scarf on their head and another on their neck. Just like last fall, everyone's going to be wearing pashminas or shemagh-inspired scarves around their necks - there's no reason you can't either!

-->a black hijab because you're wearing a scarf on your neck.

HijabiFashionista tip:
when in doubt, wear a black hijab. For the fall season, what's the new black? Black.


RUDE AWAKENING: Make sure you aren't going to the masjid or going to pray where ever you're going when wearing this outfit, or as many sisters pointed out in their comments - you'll surprise yourself and every other sister at the masjid when you realize you can't pray with your legs showing! HAHAH.. wear it between prayers...!

<3 HijabiFashionista

No comments:

Post a Comment