Tuesday 18 March 2008

Holy Designers.. continued...

Salaam to all my hijabifashionistas out there!!
Of course I was doing my usual research (if that's what you would call it..) and I found another hijab designer label!! It's called "VHARDA". As it turns out the online clothing store will be opening June 2008! I honestly can't waitt!!
on june first, check out this site;
www.vharda.com

Check out the video at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJLqLHGZRGw

If you're not that interested in buying clothing online, then just analyze the outfits in the video and then go to the mall in search of key items. It really helps to make a list! If you'll note, there's a shopping list I put together for hijabi must-haves on the top left hand corner of this blog.. I'm always updating it as well!

So.. some mock outfits of the VHARDA style would go a little like this;

Long baby-doll top: short sleeved, solid color
Long sleeve- solid color to go underneath
Skinny Jeans - not all skinny jeans are very tight, as a hijabi you should be wearing your pants looser than non-hijabis, it's a total no-no and totally inappropriate to be wearing tight jeans! If you're not comfortable in a skinny jean, or can't find ones loose enough, go in search of boot cut jeans, there is a higher chance of you finding loose boot cuts than you finding loose skinny jeans.. but keep your eyes open! Also, make sure they're dark wash -- they never go out of style!
Belt - - Now... you don't have to wear the belt. I know what many people think about belts; they just attract attention to the hips or waiste or what not. However, you have to look at styles and hijabi-fy them! Seriously. Don't wear your belts tight. Wear them loose. Slouching on your shirt. Whatever makes you comfortable, and whatever isn't showing off whatever size you are!


I really like the clothing here. I believe it's modest, chic and I'm soo in love with it! That's just my opinion though! I'm curious to hear what you think... so leave your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment