Saturday 8 March 2008

Fashion in Istanbul!

I was doing my usual fashion look up, and when I do this, I'm not just researching hijab fashion -- just any fashion. From there I get my inspiration for "hijabified" outfits. So I was looking through some street style blogs and I came across one in Istanbul, Turkey. I was like, 'hey! turkey's a muslim country! here's my chance to see what muslim girls are wearing on the streets over there!" My enthusiasm died on the like, third page where I had only seen one hijabi photo so far. Although their style there is amazing and different, I really wanted to see more 'islam-driven' outifts. But, of course it's my duty to report back here and give you the scoop so I'm going to save you all that time of going through the site only to find the few pictures, so let's analyse the ones I found right here and now...











<<

<<< This picture is just soo cute! I love how she casualized a dress with a mere long sleeve top and clutch (which by the way is adorable). Flats were a good choice because this particular way she's wearing the dress would look terrible with pumps. Very nice. very cute. For you reading out there, look for those dressed hidden deep in your closet that you wore when you were younger. If you can still fit into them, and they're only a bit shorter then try this look out! I've done it. I like it. Tell me how it goes.
Ok, I just want to point out the building in the background. How gorgeous is that? That's it. Istanbul is definatly on my "places to go" list. Visit http://www.istanbulstreetstyle.com/ maybe you'll see me on there one day ;)
<3>


No comments:

Post a Comment