Sunday 13 September 2009

Nearly time to Celebrate!

Just yesterday, my sister asked what I was planning on wearing for Eid. With a new semester starting, Ramadan happening, thinking about my priorities, navigating my way around a new campus, I shrugged her question off, not realizing how soon it really was!

As a young child, Eid was always a chance for a new outfit - and with my parents paying for it, the options were endless! Now that I'm older and my part time job is all I have to speak for the additions to my wardrobe, outfits for events like Eid have to be well thought out.

I purposefully bought a tasteful graduation dress so that I could wear it more than once, and to please my rather sinical outlook towards what I've come to think of as a rather tacky event such as a highschool graduation. Now that graduation is over, I've been regretting the amount of money I spent on the dress, and now that Eid is coming up, I'm thinking of wearing my graduation dress with a vtg blazer I picked up today to even out the cost:wear ratio.

For those of you who don't have to justify your graduation purchase to yourself, put together an outfit like the one below that satisfies your needs for the rest of the season (maybe winter as well!). I incorporated some of Rachel Zoe's must haves for fall in the following Eid outfit.

Knit cape, Belt, statement necklace, and metallic heels.

A blue mini dress belted under a knit sweater looks well put together. Adding a little edge with the layered statement necklace, a pair of tasteful metallic heels complete your Eid look, without you having to purchase MORE pieces independent of your Eid outfit for the rest of fall!


No comments:

Post a Comment