Saturday 12 September 2009

Destroy THIS.

One of my all time favorite fashion muses? Kate Moss. So naturally, torn jeans are just a tad too Kate Moss for me to pass up. You can wear the jeans with virtually anything (basic longsleeve, belt and hijab, or boots, a rocker tee layered under a cardigan, or....), but I wanted to give off a rocker feel with this outfit. The other day I stopped by Old Navy where I had worked as a part time job for a few.. well, weeks. Turns out folding clothes is basically the equivalent to torture for me. I'm embarrased to say I did whimper quite regularly after turning around and finding that the table piled half a meter high with multi colored tees that I folded and neatly organized for over an hour had been completely ruined and fallen back to it's orginal, messy state because SOME GIRL decided she was going to dig for her freaking extra large! For the record, I am not putting down any extra large ladies out there, but people; ASK! And YES, I said 'whimper'. How pathetic, right?

Back to what I was saying... as I re entered the store I had made a point to stay away from as a way to restore my sanity after my two painful weeks as an associate, I came across these long tanks for 3 dollars!! Now THAT'S a bargain. I wanted them to be extra loose and extra long so, well, I bought them in an extra large. Goodness, I'm so logical.

The long tank works well with my leather jacket, so I encourage you to try it yourself - especially if you've been staying away from one of fall's must haves because of the length. BUT! make sure you wear the jacket open so you don't have that incredibly awkward skirt-over-jeans thing. Although I would probably opt for a dark hijab, I wanted to go with a brown for this to mimick the autumn colors in the scarf below which, I added so that it's worn over the leather, under the collar.

In this strong look, I wanted to ground it with the red pumps which add more feminity to the stark rocker vibe. If you wanted to keep that vibe, I'd opt for an ankle boot!

The red in the pumps can also bring a more dramatic feel to the outfit, when paired with the right clutch. Think Alexander McQueen clutch with rings!! Gorgeous.



No comments:

Post a Comment