Wednesday 27 May 2009

That Vintage Shopperrrr



I love a piece that you can dress up, over and over again! As a student with a part time job, I have to admit it's tough keeping up with fashion, and purchasing new pieces to convey my everchanging moods. That "one" piece helps me out oh - so -much. 

That piece can be anything in your closet that's versitile. One you can dress up or down, one that's perfect for nearly all ocassions. One where the way you wear it, completely transforms it. One where... okaaaaay you get the point. 

My "one" piece? My blank tank. It's loose, and hits right above mid thigh which makes it wearable even with a wide leg jean (which are hard to get looking perfect with a long top). 

For the outfit above, I wanted to incorporate a few pieces that help me rock my lastest fav. style - indie. 
I compiled items I loved - the shoes, the bag, the wayfarers, which add some color on what is initially a dark pallete. The beads help jazz the tank up, as well as compliment the tough leather jeacket. My jacket is gray and I tried to get a picture of one closest to my own.

Bags- shoulder bags with long straps are great now. But before you go out and purchase one, check your storage rooms or your older wardrobes (I checked my mothers') and she had two!! I visited a thrift store and they had soo many! Check yours! If you're not into the environmentally friendliness of second hand shops (okay, so that was a tad biased... haha), that's totally cool - shops now are stocked with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment