Sunday 7 December 2008

Eid On a Budget- The Three C's


So Eid comes up out of nowhere and starts demanding money for a new outfit.. LIKE HUH? For some reason, I always end up broke around eid time, or just enough money for an outfit and the guilt of not being able to shop for months after.

SO WHAT DO I SAY?

I say, use that bit of money to buy ONE ITEM! Take for example the outfit I made above. Everything in there are items you can find in your closet.. (If you're thinking UHHH NO! then keep reading, and I'll teach you a few tips on how to spice up a few pieces to make them eid-spectacular!!)

IF I didn't have 2 tests and a presentation on eid, and I actually got to celebrate it- thennnn I would spend that money on a coat. WHY? Because it's something I can debut at the eid prayer and in all the pictures and so on, but I get to use it for the rest of the season (BECAUSE God knows i need a new one!).

With a new coat:
- Take your best trousers or even formal jeans. I would go for a wide leg because they always look classic, clean, and chic. ahh The Three C's
- A simple pashmina should do the trick, but to spice it up, go for a brooch and place it stylishly on the scarf. Your mother's jewlery box? A thrift store?
- Your favorite heels! Wearing something YOU love, makes it feel that much better!
- NoOOOOW everyone wants a new bag for every occasion, but if you don't have the money for it, or even the time to pick one up, take that silk scarf you paid so much for only to find out that it was too slippery and annoying to wear and TIE it onto one of the arms of your bag. Chic in one simple step!


This outfit reminds me of my outfit last Eid. I wore my favorite heels (a biege crocodile stamped leather), with a simple black skirt I wore a hundred times before (but I mean, it's so simple no one could tell or care), a black trench, my favorite clutch, and a new GREEN pashmina with a print. Sooo, I hadn't bought anything new except for the scarf - and I loved it! classic, clean, chic, and more importantly- CHEAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment